ADT buys Broadview (Brinks)
- From: tourman <robercampbell@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 13:57:35 -0800 (PST)
It now looks like ADT is going to be buying Broadview during the
second quarter of 2011 which will give them a combined market share of
35% of the residential US market for alarm systems. See the following
Seems to me, in the long run, this is probably good news for smaller,
established companies to fit in the market where ADT and their ilk are
not present, or not very good..ie: full systems, quality after sales
service, lower prices and less expensive monitoring rates. On the
other hand, it's probably also going to increase the "free system"
nonsense, as well as the presence of more shady selling "door to
door", as the new mega-monster company tries to keep it's revenue
growth increasing exponentially.....
We live in interesting times....
- Prev by Date: Re: Adcor TLM 5
- Next by Date: Re: Adcor TLM 5
- Previous by thread: Adcor TLM 5
- Next by thread: Re: ADT buys Broadview (Brinks)