ADT buys Broadview (Brinks)

It now looks like ADT is going to be buying Broadview during the
second quarter of 2011 which will give them a combined market share of
35% of the residential US market for alarm systems. See the following
link.

http://www.securityinfowatch.com/Alarm+Systems/broadview-security-merge-with-adt-following-purchase-tyco-international

Seems to me, in the long run, this is probably good news for smaller,
established companies to fit in the market where ADT and their ilk are
not present, or not very good..ie: full systems, quality after sales
service, lower prices and less expensive monitoring rates. On the
other hand, it's probably also going to increase the "free system"
nonsense, as well as the presence of more shady selling "door to
door", as the new mega-monster company tries to keep it's revenue
growth increasing exponentially.....

We live in interesting times....

  • Re: Looking to purchase alarm system - suggestions?
    ... Our price gives a fair market ... > I have been told that ADT has just changed their policy for renewals. ... my son does all the installs; I do all the takeovers. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: access2007 runtime - opening another mdb
    ... market, wasn't it Access 2000? ... ADT (Access Developers Toolkit). ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: Anti piracy: dummy components etc to fool copiers
    ... Adrian - do you have people who can take an invention to market? ... oven with a _reversible_ door, but you could sell one with a door ... need one that opens from the other side. ... the microwave ovens sold in the entire *world*!_ ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Price Check: Paragon working project
    ... Paragon in the condition listed below? ... door has not been hammered and looks good. ... and small wear at exit of kickout holes. ... 80's again guys, pin market SUCKS! ...
    (rec.games.pinball)