Programming First Alert Pro FA168CPS Alarm Panel

I recently bought a house with an alarm system and I want to change
some of the zone programming.

The alarm panel is a First Alert Pro FA-168CPS and I have the
programming manual and can get into programming mode and change
things. Unfortunately, my keypad is not an alpha-numberic one and so I
can't program the zones.

The programming manual mentions the Compass software so I was hoping
that I could do the zone programming using this. I downloaded Compass
1.5.8.54 and the First Alert Pro Canadian Personality disk (I live in
Canada). The problem is that when I start up Compass, the First Alert
Panels do not appear in the list of panels.

Do I need any other software to get Compass to work with my panel?
Can I connect Compass up to my panel directly without using a
telephone line?
Is there any special programming I need to do to the panel to get it
to work with Compass?
Is there any other way to do the zone programming without an alpha-
numeric keypad?

I asked First Alert these questions and they simply referred me to a
local dealer. I asked the local dealer and he only wanted to sell me
alarm monitoring service. Can anybody help?

  • Re: Programming First Alert Pro FA168CPS Alarm Panel
    ... The alarm panel is a First Alert Pro FA-168CPS and I have the ... programming manual and can get into programming mode and change ... that I could do the zone programming using this. ... Do I need any other software to get Compass to work with my panel? ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: Programming First Alert Pro FA168CPS Alarm Panel
    ... The alarm panel is a First Alert Pro FA-168CPS and I have the ... programming manual and can get into programming mode and change ... that I could do the zone programming using this. ... Do I need any other software to get Compass to work with my panel? ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: Programming First Alert Pro FA168CPS Alarm Panel
    ... I wonder how you got the "First Alert Pro Canadian Personality Disk" since ... programming manual and can get into programming mode and change ... The programming manual mentions the Compass software so I was hoping ... Do I need any other software to get Compass to work with my panel? ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: Compass Software
    ... > local dealers and ask them to supply you with access the Honeywell Dealer ... > programming though, and there's no way for you to alter critical functions. ... and configured and ready to go and doesn't need any end-user or dealer ... on an Alarm Panel either, you can only muck with parameters. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: Brinks v Jim Rojas New Motion
    ... I purchased a home with a brinks panel already installed from the previous owner about 2 yrs ago. ... Can anyone that's ever used a Brinks/Scantronics handheld programmer tell me some other things that it is capable of doing on a BHS2000 panel? ... Unlike typical programming where you toggle things on & off, or change what you want that field to do, each of their field may control a critical function that has nothing to do with the fields name. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)