Re: Covad decommissions their news server

chasbooth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I use Agent 4.2 news reader; have been using Agent for many years. I
have found it to be lean and mean --- fast and easy to navigate. I am
now faced with using Google Groups facility to get to
alt.security.alarms, because Covad, my vendor, decided a few weeks ago
to eliminate its news server because of a lack of traffic from its
customers.

I do not like the manner in which Google displays the posts. Does
anyone know if I can use Agent to access Google's news servers?

I don't think you can, but there are other NNTP services available, some free (with limited offerings), some pay (with broader options).

.