Re: Can car alarm be set off by cell phone?

"DanK" <djk104@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
We have a 2004 Toyota with a factory installed car alarm. The alarm
goes off randomly. Sometimes a few times a day, some days not at all.
No physical disturbance is setting it off (it does it even sitting in
our closed garage). However, we noticed that it seems to happen when
my daughter's cell phone is in the car. I am still trying to confirm
this relationship (by having the phone in there, or not having it in
there, and seeing when the alarm goes off).

Could the cell phone be setting off the alarm? It's nothing obvious,
like the phone being on "vibrate" mode, and receiving a call. Could
the phone be sending a radio signal that is at a frequency that sets
off the alarm (like the frequency of the emergency button on the key
pad)?

We had it at the Toyota dealer, but they didn't find anything (this was
before I made the cellphone connection).

Thanks for any help!

When I had a Nextel phone, I remember that it would cause noise on other
devices like computers, radios, etc. This would occur whenever the phone was
in proximity with these devices, and not just when placing or receiving
calls.
js

  • Re: I think I am brain dead!
    ... calendar reminder or an alarm to remind me of things. ... cell phone because I keep it for emergency use only. ... I hate cell phones! ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • I just got my first cell phone!
    ... (My truck broke ... Anyway I bit the bullet and finally purchased a cell phone so it will be ... Which gets me to thinking about my alarm system I just installed for myself ... have not set up monitoring with anyone. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: Alarm systems, VOIP, land lines, email and cellular
    ... What a crappy response. ... do you sell alarm monitoring for a living? ... putting someone else in the middle (monitoring service). ... to my cell phone (either with cell phone service, ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: More on the new fast pass system
    ... Another thing that sets NFC apart from the earlier forms of wireless ... But put an NFC equipped cell phone down on an NFC equipped table and the ... feature off, with wireless appliances (coffee pots, alarm clocks, toilet ...
    (rec.arts.disney.parks)
  • Re: I think I am brain dead!
    ... calendar reminder or an alarm to remind me of things. ... Putting it in one of my pockets, ... cell phone because I keep it for emergency use only. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)