security system

Hi All,
I moved into a home that was monitored by ADT. The previous owner had the
monitoring stopped but the system remains. Is it possible to reset the
passcode and disconnect the phone line and use it as a non monitored alarm?
Labeling inside the control panel is as follows: LYNXR/L   ;   LYNXR24/L  ;
LYNXR-EN     ADEMCO MODEL 1332 / 1332X10  (CANADA 1332CN)
Thanks  Dave

  • Re: DIY - Sometimes....
    ... If you go on monitoring service with us we will waive the cost of the initial service call. ... If there is anything wrong with your system that requires materials or labor in excess of one hour you will have to pay for that in either case." ... We frequently get calls from people who've tripped an alarm that was installed by a previous tennant or owner and don't know how to shut it off. ... If I know the system and they sound real I walk them through disabling it, remind them that their smoke detectors may be disabled, too, and suggest they contact a local alarm company for service. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: suggestions invited
    ... > owner functional owner remarks source code documentation last updated ... how is an "application monitoring system" going to see its ... can we change those applications to report to the monitor what they are ... Or is the monitoring also fictitious, and all you must do is put fake ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: New House Alarm - Am I locked out?
    ... | or notifies after the phone has already been disconnected so the alarmco ... | can't upload the panel. ... |> Obligations or not to the new owner has nothing to do with it. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: An ethical conundrum... Opinions welcome!
    ... That may all be true but, If the owner has a contract with the old ... alarm company, what's stopping them from accelerating the contract to ... can just tell you to forget the monitoring and they'll just continue ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: ADT Safewatch 3000 pro RF versus GE Simon 3 with Nextalarm
    ... the ADT 20P is very very similar to the regular 20P only a couple of different programming fields. ... I do not plan to keep the proffessionnal monitoring. ... |> Simon 3's easier to install. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)