Re: Veritas 8C - needs a complete reset.

It sounds like this is the way to do a factory reset. If the installer code
has not been locked, it will come back in it's factory fresh programming
mode with the factory default user and installer code. If the board is
"locked", you're board is "toast". You'll have to contact J. Rojas on this
ng and he can assist in unlocking it for you.

RHC

<rolf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> The installation manual does state this;
>
> "If the Engineer code has been lost, provided it has not been locked
> (section 3.2.2,
> page 21) power down the system (mains and battery). Restore power. All
> the
> indicator lights will illuminate for 10 seconds. Press RESET or SLOWLY
> press and
> release the panel lid tamper spring 3 times, before the indicator
> lights turn off. The
> factory settings have now been re-loaded into the Non Volatile Memory."
>
> But doesnt mention if this resets the user key code as well..I just
> want my alarm to stop beeping =)
>
> Thanks
> Rolf

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

  • Re: DSC brain problem
    ... open because everything except the installer code has been defaulted back to ... home security with the same vintage alarm panel, ... The reset process seemed to ... > Anyone have any suggestions on how to reset this thing back to factory? ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: Need advice on Motel Wireless Setup
    ... The factory default reset is done with the button between the power ... between AP and Bridge, you have to do it via web interface. ... can label it whatever you want in the configuration screens. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: cant boot mneng3
    ... >after that the console locks up - I can't type anything, pressing reset on the front ... and therefore there are two identical image loads which ... You may have a compressed image, though it is named MNENG3... ... and all factory defaulted to MNENG3 and also my reset-script specified MNENG3). ...
    (comp.sys.dec)
  • Re: Re: Adaptive learning CPU
    ... If the system is reset it resets to the factory defaults - the ... Sometimes the map is cleared altogether. ... He had a fault. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Help needed to recover/reset master code on DSC Power 832 in Toronto
    ... Sir, as Frank said, try the default master code of 1234. ... The other far more involved way is to reset the panel back to factory. ... installer code, and your board is effectively useless for local use until is ... you must have both the programming sheets and the knowledge to do ...
    (alt.security.alarms)