One of the most awe-inspiring sights in religion: Hundreds of thousands of Muslims gather at Mecca for Ramadan خيارات
- From: cc1 <gmeeleen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 19:34:23 -0700 (PDT)
They have come in their hundreds of thousands, all devout, converging
on one of the world's holiest places.
This was the scene at the Grand Mosque in Mecca, the birthplace of
Islam, yesterday as Muslims around the world celebrated Ramadan.
The Grand Mosque houses the Kaaba, the most holy place in Islam, a
square-shaped building that predates the religion itself. It is the
Kaaba that Muslims around the world are facing when they pray towards
- Prev by Date: WESTERN MUSLIM CLERIC ADVOCATES MUSLIM VIOLENCE
- Next by Date: Holy Quran and the story of Pharaoh Ramses II (Firaun Mummy)
- Previous by thread: WESTERN MUSLIM CLERIC ADVOCATES MUSLIM VIOLENCE
- Next by thread: Holy Quran and the story of Pharaoh Ramses II (Firaun Mummy)