Ablution and health purity
- From: jamilah <saly44@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 09:18:24 -0800 (PST)
Ablution and health purity
Allah says; “O believers, when you stand up to pray, wash your faces,
and your hands up to the elbows, and wipe your heads, and your feet up
to the ankles. If you are defiled, purify yourselves…” (5:6)
Ablution is the weapon of the faithful:
Ablution is not just cleaning the external organs several times a day
before prayers. The psychological and spiritual impact felt by the
Moslem after ablution is more deeper than words can express,
particularly when perfecting ablution. Ablution plays an important
role in the life of the Moslem, as it keeps him always in a state of
vitality, vigilance and fitness. The Prophet (PBUH) said; “He who
performs ablution, and perfects it, his sins would come out from his
body, till they pass out from under his nails.”
· The process of washing the organs usually exposed to dust is
no doubt of a great significance to public health. These body parts
are exposed all day long to numerous numbers of microbes counted in
millions in every cubic centimeters of air. These microbes are in a
constant offensive state against the human body at the exposed areas
of skin. In ablution, microbes are taken by a surprise sweep from the
surface of the skin, specially with perfect massaging and enough
pouring of water, as guided by the Prophet (PBUH). Following such a
process, no dirt or germs are left on the body except what Allah
· Rinsing the mouth. Modern science has proved that rinsing
the mouth protects the mouth and throat from inflammation and the gums
from suppuration (pyorrhea). It also protects and cleans teeth by
removing food remnants.
· Sniffing the nose. Washing and sniffing the nose strongly
helps keep the nostril clean and free of inflammation and germs, thus
reflecting positively on the health status of the whole body.
· Washing the face and the two hands. Washing the face and the
two hands up to the elbows is of a great benefit in removing dust and
microbes as well as sweat from the surface of the skin. This also
cleans the skin from the fatty substance secreted by skin glands, and
which is usually a very suitable place for the proliferation and
sustenance of germs.
· Washing the two feet. Washing feet with massaging lead to a
feeling of quietness and complacency that engulfs the Moslem after
· Other secrets. Scientific research has proved that blood
circulation in upper limbs from the hands to the forearms, and in the
lower limbs from the feet to the legs is weaker than it is in other
organs, being peripheral to the centre of regulating blood
circulation, namely, the heart. So washing these limbs with massaging
at every ablution help strengthen the blood circulation in these
parts, thus increasing the vitality and activity of the body.
Science has proved the effect of sun rays, particularly the ultra
violet ones, in causing skin carcinoma. This effect decreases very
well with the consequence of ablution, as it constantly dampens the
surface of the skin with water, particularly the parts exposed to such
rays. This helps protect the surface and internal layer cells of the
skin from the harmful impact of rays.
- Prev by Date: Dont you hav mind. And you no who "ALLAH " is See by the time you came to know your life will be finished.
- Next by Date: Re: Islam and terrorism
- Previous by thread: Dont you hav mind. And you no who "ALLAH " is See by the time you came to know your life will be finished.
- Next by thread: Re: Ablution and health purity