==========> Allah and the image of Hubal
- From: "I wipe my ASS on Mohammed's FACE!" <iw3@xxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:36:35 -0600
The use of the phrase 'the Lord of this House makes it likely that those
Meccans who believed in Allah as a high god-and they may have been
numerous-regarded the Ka'ba as his shrine, even though there were images of
other gods in it. There are stories in the Sira of pagan Meccan praying to
Allah while standing beside the image of Hubal. (Muhammad's Mecca, W.
Montgomery Watt, Chapter 3: Religion In Pre-Islamic Arabia, p26-45)
- Prev by Date: ==========> The Ka'ba at Mecca, which was initially a shrine of Hubal ...
- Next by Date: ==========> Daughters of Allah
- Previous by thread: ==========> Allah and the image of Hubal
- Next by thread: ==========> The Ka'ba at Mecca, which was initially a shrine of Hubal ...