Thousands of Women Killed for Family "Honor"...
- From: "Liberty DEFEATS Islam!" <dontcalluswellcallyou2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:46:32 -0500
Hundreds, if not thousands, of women are murdered by their families each
year in the name of family "honor." It's difficult to get precise numbers on
the phenomenon of honor killing; the murders frequently go unreported, the
perpetrators unpunished, and the concept of family honor justifies the act
in the eyes of some societies.
"In countries where Islam is practiced, they're called honor killings, but
dowry deaths and so-called crimes of passion have a similar dynamic in that
the women are killed by male family members and the crimes are perceived as
excusable or understandable," said Widney Brown, advocacy director for Human
- Prev by Date: Case Study: "Honour" Killings in Muslim Countries...
- Next by Date: Are these really Muslim scientists?
- Previous by thread: Case Study: "Honour" Killings in Muslim Countries...
- Next by thread: Are these really Muslim scientists?