Re: Who would win an all-out fight between Christianity and Islam?
- From: "thereactionary" <thereactionary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 22 Mar 2006 07:41:37 -0800
"The US is trying to win this war on the cheap and it's not working."
I think that you are wrong. It is working. I don't think that the
insurgency has a snowballs chance in hell. The insurgents are never
willing to take on US troops in a gun fight any more. And despite
yesterdays incident, they are becoming less and less willing to fight
it out with the Iraqi military. More and more they are abandoning the
idea that they can win a direct military struggle. Instead they hope
that they can cause a civil war. It is their last chance. I suppose
that reality requires that we recognize the possibility of a civil war,
but I think that it is still small. There are too many cool heads
among the new Iraqi leadership to allow that to happen without trying
to stop it. The biggest threat that I see to the new democracy is the
growing Shia malitias. As long as they are not involved in an outright
insurgency, there isn't much that we can do about them. By the way, if
there ever were a civil war it would be won by the Shia. The Sunni
insurgency would be crushed and destroyed, despite the fact that it was
them who wanted to start the whole thing.
- Prev by Date: Re: Yet another Jefferson quote
- Next by Date: Re: Meet the Anti-War Protestors ... Pictures inside.
- Previous by thread: Re: Who would win an all-out fight between Christianity and Islam?
- Next by thread: Re: Who would win an all-out fight between Christianity and Islam?