Re: Paradise (cut from Once Christian, now Muslim)

On 26 Dec 2005 04:44:33 -0800, "Zev" <zev_horn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"lanman" <xlanmanx@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On 25 Dec 2005 12:08:54 -0800, zev_horn@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>>"lanman" <xlanmanx@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>>Why is Christianity a negligible part of the lives of so many
>>>Europeans?
>
>> I believe that advances in education and science have caused the
>> decline of religion. Personally, I don't see how any intelligent,
>> thinking person could believe in a god. Places where religion still
>> has a hold on people tend to be those where the people are very poor
>> and ignorant. They are easily manipulated by religious dogma and
>> government propaganda. Of course, there are intelligent who people
>> make their living pushing religion to the disadvantaged. I wonder how
>> many of them are devout, and how many consider what they do as just a
>> business.
>>

>>>Why don't Europeans in general have enough children
>>>to reproduce themselves and thus require immigration
>>>(of you know who) in order to have a stable economy?
>>>

>> This is not peculiar to Europeans. Many affluent, educated people opt
>> for fewer children. I have not researched this, but I would guess this
>> is because the historical reasons people had larger families
>> previously, e.g., more hands to work a farm, security in old age, fear
>> of children being killed by war, famine, etc., have largely been
>> removed from western countries.
>>
>>>Who, in your opinion, is going to make the effort
>>>to do a bit more than "worry a bit more"?
>>>
>>>"lanman", do you see a connection between these things?
>>
>> I do see a connection. In the US, I have to ask - if women didn't
>> murder approximately one million unborn babies a year, how many fewer
>> immigrants would we need to fill jobs in the US.
>
>I agree with all of your answers,
>(except that I don't see how any intelligent
>thinking person could be an atheist),

Touche. :-)

  • Re: Televangelist Robertson warns town of Gods wrath
    ... who had worked on the original DNA project in the '40s. ... Then, because you had no education and couldn't get a job, you became an amp repairman. ... SCIENCE is the process of discovery and proof through testing. ... RELIGION is the blind adherence to unproven ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: [OT] 2012, was: Re: Interesting approach to database concurrency
    ... education of well established facts, theories, and ideas. ... Creationism is as much of a theory as evolution. ... your prejudice for another religion. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Jews against Lieberman?
    ... child's education, including religious education, as a valid substitute ... over 90% of private schools are Catholic parochial schools - why? ... The target was not religious education per se, ... who is especially sensitive to government actions targeting religion. ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • Education has complex effects on religiosity in America
    ... Education affects Americans' religiosity -- but not how you might ... "The effects of education on religion are not ... And while more highly educated Americans were somewhat less ...
    (uk.philosophy.humanism)
  • Re: Nazi Tactics in R.C. Schools
    ... different beliefs and thats their right. ... baptise their children in that religion. ... this is the case for health, finance, etc and education. ... government and not the church. ...
    (soc.culture.irish)