Re: The Cut and Run Party - Mona Charen

On 18 Nov 2005 07:57:22 -0800, "runnswim@xxxxxxx (Larry Weisenthal)"
<runnswim@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>It's the job of the President to lead. He's the Commander in Chief.
>If the country no longer supports the war (in large part, because they
>no longer trust the President), then this is the responsibility of the
>President. Successful American Presidents, who won their wars, kept
>the country behind them. It's the first instinct of Americans to
>support their President.

You might want to inform the Dems of this. With them, it's been
partisan politics and Bush bashing since day 1 - even at the expense
of taking the country down.

  • Re: Sean Penn: An Open Letter to the President
    ... Mr. President, Mr. Cheney, Ms. Rice et al: Indeed America has a rich history of greatness -indeed, America is still today a devastating military superpower. ... You have broken our country and our hearts. ... Now, because I've been on the streets of Baghdad during this occupational war, outside the Green Zone, without security, and you haven't; ... Let me tell you something about Iran, because I've been there and you haven't. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • What, you have never seen a Europan munching on the Soviet Union of Capitalism?
    ... A superpower under Bush that seeks wars. ... A president who thinks big. ... properly deported from the country, ... Iraq war. ...
    (sci.astro)
  • Re: Shocking discovery: President determined to defend U.S.
    ... President determined to defend U.S. ... > a complete remobilization and reinvigoration of the CIA immediately ... > since the height of the Cold War, ... > unprepared country. ...
    (alt.politics.bush)
  • Re: USA, Britain, France, Germany and ISRAEL : IRAQs and SADDAMs BEST FRIENDS 1980-2006
    ... the President lost his temper at an aid and said ... Constitution of the United States of American was "Just a Goddamned ... country, then I suggest that you are after the wrong bunch. ... That is International Law. ...
    (soc.culture.iraq)
  • Re: Transcript of Gov. Palins speech
    ... I accept the call to help our nominee for president to serve and defend America. ... It was just a year ago when all the experts in Washington counted out our nominee because he refused to hedge his commitment to the security of the country he loves. ... They overlooked the caliber of the man himself - the determination, resolve, and sheer guts of Senator John McCain. ... To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters. ...
    (soc.retirement)