Knowing You Are Saved

Knowing whether you believe the right Gospel or not,
that is, the only one that saves anyone, requires
that you ask yourself how you know that
you are righteous for salvation.

The wrong answer is any of these:

my repentance
my surrender
my commitment
my baptism
my church attendance
my taking the sacrament
my giving to the church
my giving to the poor
my forgiving others
my good works
my service
my love
my sincerity
my sacrifice
my endurance

The right answer is this:

Jesus rather than us is our righteousness for salvation.
He is God, the Son of God,
and he came into the world as our Righteous Substitute,
and he lived a perfect life for us,
and he died on the cross for us and rose again,
and on the cross, he paid for our sins as though his,
so that we could have eternal life
as though his righteousness were ours:
The moment Jesus gives us faith to trust him
rather than ourselves
to be our righteousness for salvation,
he gives us eternal life.

(John 14:6; Romans 1:16-17; 3:22-26; 4:2-11; 5:18-21;
1 Corinthians 1:30-31; 15:1-10; 2 Corinthians 5:20-21;
Galatians 2:16-21; Ephesians 2:4-10; Philippians 3:7-9)

The things listed above at the beginning
should definitely be done, but must
never be trusted in at all for salvation
because all trust must be on Christ alone.

-- http://roines.home.mindspring.com

  • Anyone With Faith From Christ
    ... Anyone with faith from Christ ... for our salvation. ... trust for salvation ... and of righteousness, ...
    (alt.religion.christian)
  • Hear The Gospel
    ... transfer all your trust for salvation ... he had me transfer my trust from all else ... Christ alone is your righteousness for salvation, ...
    (soc.religion.christian)
  • Truth Upon Truth
    ... The key to salvation is to place ALL ... trust in Jesus Christ for eternal life. ... It was the great truth that Jesus ... Of righteousness, ...
    (talk.religion.misc)
  • Excluded Works
    ... When Christ gives us faith to trust him ... for salvation, that is, trying to earn salvation ... but by the law of faith. ... and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: ...
    (alt.religion.christian)
  • Believing Christ Now
    ... Christ said his disciples were not then ready for that truth, ... rather than trust Christ for salvation. ... Christ showed the Scriptural truth about righteousness ... The moment we trust ...
    (talk.religion.misc)