The 7 Miracles of Jesus Christ in John's Gospel

For a video presentation (at the most ten seconds), please refer to
http://icanearn.com/people-blogs/the-7-miracles-of-jesus-christ/

Please do not forget to click the advertisement at the end of the
presentation. For each click, US$0.01 is rewarded to a brother in
Christ. See as many times as possible. Thank you.

THE SEVEN MIRACLES OF JESUS CHRIST IN THE GOSPEL OF JOHN BEFORE HIS
DEATH, BURIAL AND RESURRECTION

1. Jesus Turning Water into Wine - 2:1-11

1 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus'
mother was there,

2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding.

3 When the wine was gone, Jesus' mother said to him, "They have no
more wine."

4 "Dear woman, why do you involve me?" Jesus replied. "My time has not
yet come."

5 His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you."

6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for
ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.

7 Jesus said to the servants, "Fill the jars with water"; so they
filled them to the brim.

8 Then he told them, "Now draw some out and take it to the master of
the banquet."

They did so,

9 and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned
into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the
servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom
aside

10 and said, "Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the
cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have
saved the best till now."

11 This, the first of his miraculous signs, Jesus performed at Cana in
Galilee. He thus revealed his glory, and his disciples put their faith
in him.

NIV

2. Jesus Healing a Nobleman's Son - 4: 46-54

46 Once more he visited Cana in Galilee, where he had turned the water
into wine. And there was a certain royal official whose son lay sick
at Capernaum.

47 When this man heard that Jesus had arrived in Galilee from Judea,
he went to him and begged him to come and heal his son, who was close
to death.

48 "Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders," Jesus told
him, "you will never believe."

49 The royal official said, "Sir, come down before my child dies."

50 Jesus replied, "You may go. Your son will live."

The man took Jesus at his word and departed.

51 While he was still on the way, his servants met him with the news
that his boy was living.

52 When he inquired as to the time when his son got better, they said
to him, "The fever left him yesterday at the seventh hour."

53 Then the father realized that this was the exact time at which
Jesus had said to him, "Your son will live." So he and all his
household believed.

54 This was the second miraculous sign that Jesus performed, having
come from Judea to Galilee.

NIV

3. Jesus Healing an Impotent Man at Bethesda - 5:1-9

1 Some time later, Jesus went up to Jerusalem for a feast of the Jews.

2 Now there is in Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate a pool, which in
Aramaic is called Bethesda and which is surrounded by five covered
colonnades.

3 Here a great number of disabled people used to lie-the blind, the
lame, the paralyzed.

5 One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years.

6 When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this
condition for a long time, he asked him, "Do you want to get well?"

7 "Sir," the invalid replied, "I have no one to help me into the pool
when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else
goes down ahead of me."

8 Then Jesus said to him, "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk." 9 At
once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked.

NIV

4. Jesus Feeding the Five Thousand - 6:1-15

1 Some time after this, Jesus crossed to the far shore of the Sea of
Galilee (that is, the Sea of Tiberias),

2 and a great crowd of people followed him because they saw the
miraculous signs he had performed on the sick.

3 Then Jesus went up on a mountainside and sat down with his
disciples.

4 The Jewish Passover Feast was near.

5 When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he
said to Philip, "Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?"

6 He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he
was going to do.

7 Philip answered him, "Eight months' wages would not buy enough bread
for each one to have a bite!"

8 Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, spoke up,

9 "Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but
how far will they go among so many?"

10 Jesus said, "Have the people sit down." There was plenty of grass
in that place, and the men sat down, about five thousand of them.

11 Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those
who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.

12 When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples,
"Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted."

13 So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of
the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten.

14 After the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus did, they began
to say, "Surely this is the Prophet who is to come into the world."

15 Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by
force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself.

NIV

5. Jesus Walking on the Sea - 6:16-21

16 When evening came, his disciples went down to the lake,

17 where they got into a boat and set off across the lake for
Capernaum. By now it was dark, and Jesus had not yet joined them.

18 A strong wind was blowing and the waters grew rough.

19 When they had rowed three or three and a half miles, they saw Jesus
approaching the boat, walking on the water; and they were terrified.

20 But he said to them, "It is I; don't be afraid."

21 Then they were willing to take him into the boat, and immediately
the boat reached the shore where they were heading.

NIV

6. Jesus Giving Sight to a Man Born Blind - 9:1-7

1 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth.

2 His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his
parents, that he was born blind?"

3 "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this
happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.

4 As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night
is coming, when no one can work.

5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

6 Having said this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the
saliva, and put it on the man's eyes.

7 "Go," he told him, "wash in the Pool of Siloam" (this word means
Sent). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.

8 His neighbors and those who had formerly seen him begging asked,
"Isn't this the same man who used to sit and beg?"

9 Some claimed that he was. Others said, "No, he only looks like him."
But he himself insisted, "I am the man."

NIV

7. Jesus Raising Lazarus from the Dead - 11:17-44

17 On his arrival, Jesus found that Lazarus had already been in the
tomb for four days.

18 Bethany was less than two miles from Jerusalem,

19 and many Jews had come to Martha and Mary to comfort them in the
loss of their brother.

20 When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went out to meet him,
but Mary stayed at home.

21 "Lord," Martha said to Jesus, "if you had been here, my brother
would not have died.

22 But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask."

23 Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again."

24 Martha answered, "I know he will rise again in the resurrection at
the last day."

25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who
believes in me will live, even though he dies;

26 and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe
this?"

27 "Yes, Lord," she told him, "I believe that you are the Christ, the
Son of God, who was to come into the world."

28 And after she had said this, she went back and called her sister
Mary aside. "The Teacher is here," she said, "and is asking for you."

29 When Mary heard this, she got up quickly and went to him.

30 Now Jesus had not yet entered the village, but was still at the
place where Martha had met him.

31 When the Jews who had been with Mary in the house, comforting her,
noticed how quickly she got up and went out, they followed her,
supposing she was going to the tomb to mourn there.

32 When Mary reached the place where Jesus was and saw him, she fell
at his feet and said, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would
not have died."

33 When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with
her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled.

34 "Where have you laid him?" he asked.

"Come and see, Lord," they replied.

35 Jesus wept.

36 Then the Jews said, "See how he loved him!"

37 But some of them said, "Could not he who opened the eyes of the
blind man have kept this man from dying?"

38 Jesus, once more deeply moved, came to the tomb. It was a cave with
a stone laid across the entrance.

39 "Take away the stone," he said.

"But, Lord," said Martha, the sister of the dead man, "by this time
there is a bad odor, for he has been there four days."

40 Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you
would see the glory of God?"

41 So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said,
"Father, I thank you that you have heard me.

42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of
the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me."

43 When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, "Lazarus, come
out!"

44 The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of
linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, "Take off the
grave clothes and let him go."

NIV

The Lord Jesus performed one more miracle after His resurrection. The
eight mircles in this Gospel, relative to their spiritual
significance, may be classified as follows:

1. The Fundamental Character of the Christian Gospel

LIFE BY FAITH (COMMENCEMENT_

1. Water Turned into Wine

The Nature of the Blessing: Newness of Life

1. The Boy Restored

The Condition of the Blessing: Faith

1. The Manifold Provision in Christ for all who Believe and Live

LIFE UNFOLDING (COURSE)

1. The Paralytic Healed

Energy Given

1. The Multitude Fed

Sustenance Provided

1. Walking on the Sea

Guidance Vouchsafed

1. Sight Restored

Enlightenment Granted

1. Lazarus Raised

Victory over Death

1. Satisfaction in the Morning, when the Night of Toil is Over

LIFE PERFECTED (CONSUMMATION)

1. The Draught of Fishes

Fulness and Fellowship.

  • Re: changing water to wine
    ... changed water to wine at a marriage ceremony. ... And sometimes the literal meaning gets in the way of our understanding the real meaning of the story/teaching of Jesus For as scripture ... Christians are called to see the New Testament writers deeply ...
    (talk.religion.misc)
  • Re: Kevin Myers and Darwin
    ... > Jesus is God because I believe He turned water into wine. ... it's because I believe that Jesus is God that I ...
    (soc.culture.irish)
  • Re: Kevin Myers and Darwin
    ... > Jesus is God because I believe He turned water into wine. ... it's because I believe that Jesus is God that I ...
    (soc.culture.irish)
  • Re: Kevin Myers and Darwin
    ... > Jesus is God because I believe He turned water into wine. ... it's because I believe that Jesus is God that I ...
    (soc.culture.irish)
  • Re: Nha` mo+i
    ... Jesus is having wine party with Budha ... There is Uncle HCM underneath the party table, yelling "Water is too ...
    (soc.culture.vietnamese)