Re: DN Your Resources in Christ 9/3/2006

Just more Bible nonsense!

"Peter G. Chase" <pchase1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
DRAWING NEAR

September 3

Your Resources in Christ

"Be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of His might. Put on
the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm
against the schemes of the devil" (Eph. 6:10-11).

In Christ you have every resource necessary for spiritual victory.

Satan opposes God and wants to prevent believers from glorifying Him.
One way he does that is by convincing them that he is either so
formidable they could never defeat him, or so weak they can fight him
on their own strength.

Second Corinthians 10:4 says, "The weapons of our warfare are not of
the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses."
Human resources alone can never defeat a spiritual enemy, but divine
resources can. That's why it's crucial to understand the resources
you have in Christ that insure spiritual victory.

In Ephesians 1:3 Paul says you have received all the blessings of
heaven through Christ. That includes being forgiven and redeemed (vv.
6-7), and receiving knowledge, understanding, and wisdom (vv. 17-18).
Within you resides the Holy Spirit (v. 13), who strengthens you and
accomplishes more than you can ask or think (3:16, 20).

Believers represent the awesome power of God in this world--the same
power that raised Christ from the dead, seated Him at the right hand
of the Father, and subjected all things under His feet (Eph.
1:19-22). He is the Sovereign Lord against whom no one can
successfully stand. That's why Paul exhorted us to "be strong in Him,
and in the strength of His might" (Eph. 6:10). We find this strength
by putting on the armor He has supplied: truth, righteousness, peace,
faith, salvation, the Word, and prayer. Then, no matter what
direction the enemy approaches from, or how subtle his attacks may
be, we'll be able to stand firm.

Satan's attacks are complex and subtle. His ways of working in this
world are cunning and deceitful. Since it's impossible to analyze and
anticipate his every offense, focus on strengthening your defenses by
understanding your spiritual resources and using them each day.

Suggestions for Prayer:

Ask God to increase your understanding of spiritual warfare.
Seek wisdom in applying your resources in the most effective
ways. When you face spiritual battles, confide in a Christian
friend who will pray with you and encourage you.

For Further Study:

According to Matthew 4:1-11, how did Jesus deal with Satan's attacks?

Drawing Near, Copyright 1993 John F. MacArthur, Jr.

All rights reserved. Used by permission.
http://www.gty.org

~~~

Ephesians 1:19-22
19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who
believe, according to the working of His mighty power
20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and
seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
21 far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and
every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which
is to come.
22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head
over all things to the church

Matthew 4:1-11
4:1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be
tempted by the devil.
2 And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He
was hungry.
3 Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, "If You are the Son of
God, command that these stones become bread."
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by
bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the
pinnacle of the temple,
6 and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down.
For it is written: 'He shall give His angels charge over you,' and,
'In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot
against a stone.'"
7 Jesus said to him, "It is written again, 'You shall not tempt the
LORD your God.'"
8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and
showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
9 And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will
fall down and worship me."
10 Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is written,
'You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.'"
11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered
to Him.

These devotions are posted with permission from John MacArthur's
first (1993) devotional work, _Drawing Near_, and they are also sent
out daily for free to several folks via e-mail.

In addition, John's second (1997) devotional, _Strength for Today_,
is also available free via e-mail only. _Strength for Today_ follows
the same format as what you have seen here from _Drawing Near_, but
with different monthly themes.

If you would like to receive daily devotions via e-mail from either
of these series, just let me know (via e-mail), and I will gladly add
you to the list(s) of your choice.

You can hear John MacArthur daily via the Internet by visiting:

http://www2.oneplace.com/Ministries/Grace_to_You/

and

http://www.gty.org.uk/

You may email John MacArthur in care of Grace to You at:
letters@xxxxxxx

NOTE for those of you reading via newsgroups: If you wish to reach
me, please contact me via e-mail for quickest results.

In Christ,

Peter

Peter G. Chase :: Columbus, Ohio, USA
pchase1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

STOP! Who do you think Jesus is?
http://www.gty.org/Gospel

http://www.gty.org/
http://www.nwbible.org/

To forgive is to set a prisoner free, and to discover that the prisoner
was you. -Alistair Begg

  • DN Your Resources in Christ 9/3/2005
    ... and in the strength of His might. ... Satan opposes God and wants to prevent believers from glorifying Him. ... Human resources alone can never defeat a spiritual enemy, ... confide in a Christian ...
    (alt.religion.christian)
  • DN Your Resources in Christ 9/3/2007
    ... and in the strength of His might. ... Satan opposes God and wants to prevent believers from glorifying Him. ... Human resources alone can never defeat a spiritual enemy, ... confide in a Christian ...
    (alt.religion.christian)
  • DN Your Resources in Christ 9/3/2006
    ... and in the strength of His might. ... Satan opposes God and wants to prevent believers from glorifying Him. ... Human resources alone can never defeat a spiritual enemy, ... confide in a Christian ...
    (alt.religion.christian)
  • "My Grace is Sufficient For You"
    ... "My Grace is Sufficient For You" ... I pray for the strength to forge ahead. ... August 25th - Saint Genesius ... Genesius decided to make fun of the Christian Baptism ceremonies. ...
    (alt.religion.christian)
  • STRENGTHENED WITH POWER
    ... The saint of God, however, can heartily empathize with this pro-found ... know full well that to struggle in our own strength is to tilt at windmills. ... Serenus was of the Greek nation by birth. ... hesitating, answered, "I am a Christian. ...
    (alt.religion.christian)