- From: Pere Marquette <hicnonabsum@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 22:24:45 -0600
We Catholics are a mixed bag.
It would appear the majority of us use birth control at least some of
the time, and probably feel bad about it.
I am pretty sure that all of us think birth control is a lesser sin than
Popes change their minds. A future pope will, I think, give the OK to
birth control. We are told to obey our Pope, and how well or how
completely we do that is between each of us and the Lord. Our current
Pope opposes birth control.
As Catholics, our first concern must always be charity. It is no
accident that Catholic Charities are the model for secular organized
public service. It is no accident that Catholics have the biggest chain
of hospitals in the US (which is the only place where medicine is
practiced on a for-profit basis).
As we debate matters of conscience, let us not forget that we are all in
this together; and that it is natural that we shall disagree with each
Let us not be enemies because we disagree. Let us vote our hearts,
always with the big picture in mind; that being a picture of charity.
- Prev by Date: MUSLIM HATE OF CHRISTIANS SUMMARY FOR JANUARY 2012
- Next by Date: Bevilacqua = Bevi***
- Previous by thread: MUSLIM HATE OF CHRISTIANS SUMMARY FOR JANUARY 2012
- Next by thread: Bevilacqua = Bevi***