Re: Succinct List of Roman Catholic Dogmas

On Apr 7, 12:18 am, Billy <robb7thurs...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Number 6;
     Very excellent answers.  Now I am studying the Dr. Ludwig Ott
list of Roman Catholic Dogmas, along with my niece who is considering
becoming a Benedictine Oblate.  May I or may she send the occasional
question to you, or would you suggest a very staid apologist.  Frankly
I don't need a dogfight sicced on my modernism, rather a person whose
will is aligned with the dogmata.  Please Advise.  And may the Lord
bless you.

One is always welcome ... The answers you will get from me will be
dogmatic ... I do temper answers with nuances often to gives the whys
and also how changes may really be the same ...

My outlook on religion is that I am a fervent Roman Catholic who
believes that we can gain strength in our religion by bringing good
points from other religions into practice ... such as the
proselytizing of the Jehovah Witness ,,, the giving of service of the
Mormon ... the ceremony of the Orthodox ... and the like ... doing the
like will only make us better ...

  • Re: I promised to post my essay on abortion rights....here it is
    ... Becoming a zealot makes one as bad as ... I know that I would then become a monster too. ... Mysticism, mythology, magic and religion can't provide ethics for they ... Thanks to science, especially in fields ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Racial ghettos may appear in UK
    ... > Britain's races are becoming more segregated and some areas may turn ... "forcing" of white schools to take larger numbers of ethnic minorities takes ... > becoming more divided by race and religion," he will tell Manchester ...
    (soc.culture.african.american)
  • Re: Atheism again (sorry!)
    ... I was wondering when this one would come round again, what with it being the festive season etc :-) ... and at one point around 4AM we got round to the subject of religion, ... Yep and all this came from kids in those religions, we are truly becoming multi faith and that didn't include the Jewish lad who was too busy playing Halo 3 to join in the conversation, mind you there were... ... I think I am going to have to add another news years resolution to be start being firmer with the district about StG and Remembrance days, we are around 30% non-CofE and unless we can be assured of a truly multi faith occasion then we will respect easch others views and boycot the occasion. ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: What lead you to non-deism?
    ... what was it that lead you to becoming an atheist? ... > "hate god" or xtians. ... > errors of religion and they need an alternative to god-faith. ... openminded and intelligent on all things but Christianity. ...
    (talk.philosophy.humanism)
  • What lead you to non-deism?
    ... I thought I'd start a thread about our personal experiences with religion, specifically, what was it that lead you to becoming an atheist? ... My prayer for wisdom was answered; through knowledge comes wisdom....and the more of that I got the farther from superstition I moved until one day I realized I was an atheist. ...
    (talk.philosophy.humanism)