Re: The Apostles' Creed
- From: "BAM" <mcca5761@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 23:17:28 -0400
"Zadok" <nobler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"CE" <> wrote in message ...
I believe in God,
Celsus - "Let us imagine what a Jew- let alone a philosopher- might say to
Jesus: 'Is it not true, good sir, that you fabricated the story of your
birth from a virgin to quiet rumourss about the true and insavoury
circumstances of your origins? Is it not the case that far from being born
in the royal David's city of bethlehem, you were born in a poor country
town, and of a woman who earned her living by spinning? Is it not the case
that when her deceit was uncovered, to wit, that she was pregnant by a
soldier called Panthera she was driven away by her husband- the carpenter-
and convicted of adultery?"
"What an absurdity! Clearly the christians have used the myths of Danae
the Melanippe, or of the Auge and the Antiope in fabricating the story of
Jesus' virgin birth."
Z boy's never met a heresy he didn't like
- Prev by Date: Re: Our Father
- Next by Date: Re: The Apostles' Creed
- Previous by thread: Re: The Apostles' Creed
- Next by thread: Re: The Apostles' Creed