Re: Benny XVI cracking up!!

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:41:41 -0700, r@xxxxxxxxx (?R L Measures) wrote:

In article <7fmq93p9atr8i3i9v2meb576nsqdcmhm7e@xxxxxxx>, duke
<duckgumbo32@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:58:21 -0700, r@xxxxxxxxx (?R L Measures) wrote:

? But you do have the authority to report what some other person said
that God told him?
We all do.

? Hearsay

Hearsay only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

? ... and in organized religion.

But nothing to believe that it is wrong. I believe.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****

  • Re: Benny XVI cracking up!!
    ... Hearsay only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. ... and in organized religion. ...
    (alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic)
  • Re: Benny XVI cracking up!!
    ... that God told him? ... Hearsay only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. ...
    (alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic)
  • Re: Christmas Cookies
    ... But almost doesn't count except in horseshoes - and hand grenades - neither ... one of which I feel like pitchin' right now. ... Be sure to watch Santa ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: Eggcorns and self referential sets
    ... quick Google suggests that the saying is "Almost only counts in horseshoes ... hand grenades, but not otherwise? ... Yeah, right. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Texas man guilty of killing horse
    ... Tamba, how's your epistemology?" ... Or, put another way, "close" only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, ... and nukes. ...
    (rec.equestrian)