Re: Benny XVI cracking up!!

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 05:46:02 -0700, r@xxxxxxxxx (?R L Measures) wrote:

In Matthew 23, Jesus tells us not to use titles.
Here, in case you missed it -
Matthew 23: 9 - And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is you
Father, which is in heaven.

OOOOPS, catho_licks seem to have missed that command from Jesus!!

OOOOPS. Calling my priest "Father" is proper according to St. Paul.

? Saul-Paul lived in the 1st century, When did the practice of calling
priests "Father" begin?

When St. Paul said it in the 1st century.

1 Corinthians 4:15 (New International Version)
15Even though you have ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many
fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****