catholics have a different religion

There is a diffence in the views between Christians and the rcc.
Let's see if I can present some of the clearly:

1. Christianity is Christ centered, the rcc is rcc centered
2. Christianity has Christ as its head, the rcc has the popes'
opinions of Christ at its head
3. Christianity emphasizes serving Jesus by serving others, the rcc
emphasizes serving Jesus by going to mass, saying rosaries, and other
ceremonial things.
4. Christianity tends to take the Bible literally where things are
presented literally in the Bible, figuratively where they are
presented figuratively in the Bible, the rcc tends to either
"ceremonialize" or redefine the meanings of things in the Bible.
5. Christianity recognizes the authority of Scripture, the rcc claims
the authority of the pope and continuously evolving "traditon" over
the scriptures.

Just some thoughts. . .

Checker

  • Re: Still nagging mary?
    ... but the "protestant reformation" of the rcc cult was NOT the ... Which church do you think handed down the Bible to you? ... church do you think preserved the teachings of Christianity during all ...
    (alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic)
  • Re: catholics have a different religion
    ... the rcc is rcc centered ... Christianity has Christ as its head, ... Christianity emphasizes serving Jesus by serving others, ... Christianity recognizes the authority of Scripture, ...
    (alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic)
  • Re: Honest question about church attitude to gay relationships
    ... Personally, I have no interest in the RCC; it has nothing to do with me or with my concept of Christianity, so I have no interest in what positions it did or did not take about slavery or when. ... I don't know how accurate that history is, but the translation of 1 Tim 9:10 as forbidding slave-trade is intriguing. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: Dawkins and Cardinal OConnor on the Today Programme
    ... he utilised it in his speeches and he said on more than one occasion *he* was carrying out gods work in killing the jews. ... I have feelings as strong as Mark about the cruelty of the RCC in past centuries, but that church has changed dramatically and that means it was not directly relevant to the point the Cardinal as trying to make. ... The man himself played the religious card whenever it suited him; but he also made clear, in his "Table Talk" his utter contempt for Christianity in general and for the RCC especially. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)