Re: Is God Catholic?

>You guys cut off your own king's head - regicide is like parricide. So did
>the French. All we did is kick your asses out

After we made you! :-)

>I believe it is still impossible for a Catholic to sit on the throne of
>England, but not an atheist or Buddhist, e.g.? And you mention progress?

As far as I know the requirement is that the monarch must be an
Anglican or Presbyterian not that he or she cannot be a Catholic. So it
is a constitutional problem of symbolic significance more than anything
because the background of religious strife that the law came out of. It
is a favouring of one church rather than active discrimination of any
other particular faith though.

.