Re: Is it possible Joseph got Mary pregnant...
- From: "Zadok" <nobler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 03:17:28 GMT
"bam" <> wrote in message
> Yes, and then he performed thousands of miracles, died for our sins, rose
> from the dead and preached for 40 days amidst hundreds of witnesses and
> ascended into Heaven.
So your book of fables tells us!!
But what of others??
Celsus had the following to say:
28. For he [Celsus] represents the Jew disputing with Jesus, and confuting
Him, as he thinks, on many points; and in the first place, he accuses Him of
having invented his birth from a virgin, and upbraids Him with being born in
a certain Jewish village, of a poor woman of the country, who gained her
subsistence by spinning, and who was turned out of doors by her husband, a
carpenter by trade, because she was convicted of adultery; that after being
driven away by her husband, and wandering about for a time, she
disgracefully gave birth to Jesus, an illegitimate child, who having hired
himself out as a servant in Egypt on account of his poverty, and having
there acquired some miraculous powers, on which the Egyptians greatly pride
themselves, returned to his own country, highly elated on account of them,
and by means of these proclaimed himself a God.
32. But let us now return to where the Jew is introduced, speaking of the
mother of Jesus, and saying that "when she was pregnant she was turned out
of doors by the carpenter to whom she had been betrothed, as having been
guilty of adultery, and that she bore a child to a certain soldier named
Amazing some of the things that are written!!
- Prev by Date: Re: Is it possible Joseph got Mary pregnant...
- Next by Date: Re: Synnfuel project for Thunder Bay ?
- Previous by thread: Re: Is it possible Joseph got Mary pregnant...
- Next by thread: Re: Is it possible Joseph got Mary pregnant...