Radio 2 Without Steve Wright

I almost never listen to Radio 2 in the afternoons these days as I can't abide Steve Wright, but I dipped in on Monday to find Chris Tarrant standing in.

I've always had Tarrant down as a bit of a twat, but compared to "Wrighty" he's a breath of fresh air. In fact he's actually very good.

I think we should start a campaign to rid the airways of Steve Wright and his inane "posse" once and for all. Richard Allinson would get my vote with the occasional "celebrity" slot for when he's on holiday.

On a similar note, Jeremy Vine...

  • OT: Leonard Cohen
    ... I've just heard an interview with the revered man on Radio 2's Steve Wright in the Afternoon. ... Very good humoured, don't feel like slashing my wrists at all :-) Presume you can LA, it was about 1hr 35 mins into the programme. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: BBC Radio Scotland on the Net - broken
    ... the computers in the studio. ... I believe Apple's attempt at a UK keyboard is essentially mostly a US ... Any Macs in Radio 2's studios? ... However, if that was the case, I'm puzzled as to why Steve Wright ...
    (uk.tech.broadcast)
  • Re: TOTP2
    ... but I really like Steve Wright. ... highly professional and I reckon his Radio 2 afternoon show is one of the ... most entertaining things on radio. ... pioneering the 'zoo' or 'posse' format type of radio presenting. ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: Radio 2 Without Steve Wright
    ... abide Steve Wright, but I dipped in on Monday to find Chris Tarrant ... standing in. ... I think we should start a campaign to rid the airways of Steve Wright ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: Railways and train in film exhibition in Paris
    ... Speedgazebo wrote: ... the Steve Wright Show on Radio 2 this week. ... find any other reference to it anywhere, ...
    (uk.railway)