Re: OffTopic: Photograph for Richard Evans

On Thursday, December 30th, 2010 at 18:28:15h +0000, Richard Evans wrote:

It would still be nice however to be able to get just the encoded audio,
without the video.

I do not understand why mplayer (mencoder) [as previously suggested]
is not providing you with the ability to do just that.

<http://lists.mplayerhq.HU/pipermail/mplayer-users/2004-November/049524.html>

<http://lists.mplayerhq.HU/pipermail/mencoder-users/2005-December/002333.html>

<http://lists.mplayerhq.HU/pipermail/mplayer-users/2007-January/065196.html>

  • Re: how to use mencoder to record TV program
    ... All the switchs used by mencoder still seem foreign to me. ... Mplayer is in beta stage, and a/v synchronization problem often occurs. ... So now you have video but no audio. ... with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Program to compress AVI files
    ... I would suggest first playing it with mplayer and seeing what the current ... I've found mencoder not to be quite as functional as transcode for certain ... I do have a couple of standard lines for adjusting video files that I'll be ... I would suggest Xvid and use the AC3 audio codec. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Mplayer + video in = no audio
    ... > I have a video input in my video card and i'm trying to get it work ... but something is wrong with mplayer. ... You mention mencoder. ... Does this mean that you were capturing some ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: analogue TV
    ... OK, try mencoder, which is mplayer under another name and has ... it doesn't display video but is specifically ... The other complication is that the sound has to be capture via the sound ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Program to compress AVI files
    ... mencoder would be a good program. ... I would suggest first playing it with mplayer and seeing what the ... I do have a couple of standard lines for adjusting video files that I'll ... audio stream encoded. ...
    (Fedora)