Re: Germany national public radio to cease on DAB
- From: "DAB sounds worse than FM" <dab.is@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 17:14:28 +0100
"jamie powell" <jamie_p84@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"DAB sounds worse than FM" <dab.is@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I'm inconsolable with grief.
Having read the article objectively, it seems that Mr Steul has only
made the announcement in order to put the wind up the KEF, after
their controversial withdrawl of further funding for DAB. He's
playing his hand and hoping they'll back down - if they don't, he'll
probably reverse the decision in any event.
Considering that the KEF said that the money withheld from funding
DAB+ would be available for other digital radio projects, but that it
would not be made available in future for any DAB projects, therefore
making it clear that they were opposed to DAB, and that they have
political support for their decision from the CDU party, whose media
spokesman said that the DAB project was now "dead" in Germany, I would
say that the KEF would be very happy with this decision.
Steve - www.savefm.org - stop the BBC bullies switching off FM
www.digitalradiotech.co.uk - digital radio news & info
"It is the sheer volume of online audio content available via
internet-connected devices which terrifies the UK radio industry. I
believe that broadband-delivered radio will explode in the years to
come, offering very local, unregulated content, as well as opening a
window to the radio stations of the world." - from the Myers Report
- Prev by Date: Re: Germany national public radio to cease on DAB
- Next by Date: Re: Digitale Radio is dood, Leve Digitale Radio!
- Previous by thread: Re: Germany national public radio to cease on DAB
- Next by thread: Re: Germany national public radio to cease on DAB