BFBS Returning to Digital One
- From: "Phil" <philusenet@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 20:16:46 -0000
See last paragraph.
The Cyprus Sunday Mail says that the British Forces Broadcasting Services is facing continued criticism at its recent re-vamp of BFBS Radio 2, which is now known as 'Alternative listening'. The paper says the changes, which kicked in two weeks ago, have been widely greeted with anger by listeners in both the forces and expat community.
The shake-up saw almost every popular programme on the network axed and replaced by pop DJ shows beamed live from London. The Sunday Mail says that in the past week it has received a flurry of emails from disgruntled listeners urging BFBS management to think again.
BFBS say that a "major expansion" of their pop service will start next month, when BFBS begins broadcasting to the entire UK via DAB. It is the funding for the DAB project, thought to be costing nearly half a million pounds, that is believed to have been the reason for recent job losses and the demise of BFBS Radio 2.
- Prev by Date: Re: Finally listening to BBC aac@128k
- Next by Date: Re: Finally listening to BBC aac@128k
- Previous by thread: BBC budget brand credit crunch 96k aac keep or dismiss?
- Next by thread: Re: BFBS Returning to Digital One