Re: Dr says audiophiles "taught themselves to become irritated by poor audio quality."

Bill O'Really wrote:

> Yep - am fully ware..but dont care....MP3's are pretty low quality

Only at low bit rates.
Ever tried LAME mp3 at 192k and above?
In fact even 128k sounds more or OK these days.

> ..I
> guess that why the Ipod never took off

When I bought my IPod and installed ITunes, it's default encoding was aac at 128k. That's enough for near CD quality and vastly better than DAB.

Also I'm not sure how anybody can say that IPods never took of. Just walk down a busy street and you are almost guaranteed to see somebody using one.

Richard E.

  • Re: Tolkienish chocolatry
    ... In Sainsbury's last week my wife bought four cartons of cranberry ... each time she did, it added UKP 19,99 onto the bill for "Ipod disk". ... and gave us a refund. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Channel Five Downloads - Windows Only?
    ... I was thinking mainly of the video iPod market. ... Steve needs Bill, ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: Dr says audiophiles "taught themselves to become irritated by poor audio quality."
    ... Bill O'Really wrote: ... Ever tried LAME mp3 at 192k and above? ... When I bought my IPod and installed ITunes, it's default encoding was aac at 128k. ... Richard E. ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • no sound
    ... problem with Apples QuickTime and/or my IPOD? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Tolkienish chocolatry
    ... In Sainsbury's last week my wife bought four cartons of cranberry ... juice that for some reason caused the till to ask its operator "Is ... each time she did, it added UKP 19,99 onto the bill for "Ipod disk". ...
    (alt.usage.english)