Re: Dr says audiophiles "taught themselves to become irritated by poor audio quality."

Bill O'Really wrote:

> Yep - am fully ware..but dont care....MP3's are pretty low quality

Only at low bit rates.
Ever tried LAME mp3 at 192k and above?
In fact even 128k sounds more or OK these days.

> ..I
> guess that why the Ipod never took off

When I bought my IPod and installed ITunes, it's default encoding was aac at 128k. That's enough for near CD quality and vastly better than DAB.

Also I'm not sure how anybody can say that IPods never took of. Just walk down a busy street and you are almost guaranteed to see somebody using one.

Richard E.
.