Re: Digital Radio is in crisis

davidrobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 26 Nov, 19:34, "Mike Terry" <miketerr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Computeract!ve
By Andrea-Marie Vassou
November 26, 2007

Ofcom has put its plans to end FM and AM radio transmissions on the
back burner.

The regulator had planned to switch off analogue (FM and AM) radio
by 2009 and 2012

Very sloppy / misleading reporting: OfCom had planned to hold a
consultation in 2012, to consider possible dates for switch off.
That's all.

Indeed. And I left a comment on the web page last night and it's not
appeared yet...

  • Re: Digital Radio is in crisis
    ... Ofcom has put its plans to end FM and AM radio transmissions on the back ... The regulator had planned to switch off analogue radio by 2009 ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: A job for DSWTFM ;)
    ... Sack all current Ofcom employees on the basis that anybody who ... Roll out superfast broadband in superfast time (all homes should ... Switch off standard-definition TV prior to digital switchover ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: DSO
    ... will fail because of the deadlines being imposed by ... Ofcom, worst part for them is they will be on receiving ... My mum will probably just switch off the TV and not bother to switch ... large pile of VCR tapes and DVD's that I've accumulated over the years. ...
    (uk.tech.broadcast)