Re: 128k WMA problem solved on Wi-Fi radios

hwh wrote:
DAB sounds worse than FM schreef:

There's links for Chill, theJazz and Classic FM on here:

http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/broadband_internet_radio.htm

But the issue was only with playback on Wi-Fi Internet radios,
because they reduced the bit rate for playback from 128k to 32k, but
if you play them on a computer they're always 128k (apart from if
there's some dynamic bandwidth reduction, but that's rare).

Right, thanks. I tried a few of them on my iMac and they played at the
advertised rates. I told the system to use VLC player, not iTunes (for
Guiseppe, www.videolan.org).

Ah, nice one! I wonder if they play at 128k on Linux now, then?

  • Re: 128k WMA problem solved on Wi-Fi radios
    ... But the issue was only with playback on Wi-Fi Internet radios, ... I wonder if they play at 128k on Linux now, ... The normally unshakable VLC failed, ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: 128k WMA problem solved on Wi-Fi radios
    ... But the issue was only with playback on Wi-Fi Internet radios, ... now and the GCap stations still only play at 32 kb/s on Mac OS X. ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: Player not playing CDs
    ... Click OK to switch to analogue mode. ... >> Windows Media Player could not play the CD using digital playback. ... >> WMP will play radio, and the basic CD player on my PC will play CDs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: advice needed..
    ... >the play rate dynamically (for example, ... I don't build timelines, ... You can't reverse playback easily, though, since this codec uses ...
  • Re: advice needed..
    ... >>fast forward and reverse during playback. ... Would you use timelines, and if so, is there a way to change ... Can I ask which function you use to change the play rate. ...