R1-4 on Radio Player at 64 kbps

But tried 6 Music and it's only 48 kbps. Don't know about the other
stations, so if anyone wants to fill in the gaps feel free.

Anyway, I suppose R1-4 being at 64 kbps is an improvement compared to 44
kbps as they were, and it's not too long ago that they were 32 kbps - care
of Simon Nelson, of course, Mr Anti Every Platform Apart from DAB.

  • Re: First AAC/AAC+ radio services launched on T-DMB?
    ... Australia and New Zealand plan to use DAB+ with AAC+ with FTA radio. ... 96 Kbps subscription-service. ... perhaps less for technical broadcasters to full ... 50 FM stations in Paris. ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: First AAC/AAC+ radio services launched on T-DMB?
    ... and if there's 10 stations on a multiplex you're ... talking about bit rates of about 112 kbps - 128 kbps, ... Subscription-services differ in at least four ways from FTA-radio: ... these for simply simulcasting a FM-station on DAB. ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: ofcom and L-Band
    ... I agree that mp2 128 kbps is insufficient - in the real world resistance against dab is generated by existing broadcasters not favouring the added competition. ... technology as it allows for 40 stations instead of 20", if your market is not even able to support 10 of them. ... Are we going to guess what will happen when the analog broadcast is turned off and the radio-spectrum now used for FM becomes available for digital. ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: RRC-06 Maps
    ... have bought a DAB radio and the 600.000 who bought additional ones are ... * 98% of music stations use 128 kbps all providing low audio quality ... All music-stations run 160 Kbps or higher ... I know that the only TV-station currently broadcasting in ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: BBC Radio 4 - You and yours
    ... To be honest though, their bullshit never changes, and there's more important things to do at the moment, such as killing off the old DAB system internationally! ... BTW, the 112 kbps issue is very odd, because we've not seen a single 112 kbps station yet even though Ofcom agreed to abolish the minimum bit rates months and months ago now, so I'm wondering whether they've changed their minds on the issue. ... What you will get with DAB+ is more space for mobile TV and more automated jukebox stations, and the increased competition will mean that your beloved Radio 1 shows will get increasingly marginalized, I'm really looking forward to this... ...
    (alt.radio.digital)