Radio 3 now distorted full stereo at 160 kb/s

I just (23/8/06 at 15:22) noticed that Radio 3's DAB is sounding
particularly distorted so I checked how they are broadcasting. It
seems to be 160 kb/s but using full stereo (not joint stereo) so it is
not surprising that it is distorted.

They did this a few weeks ago when they first dropped down from 192
kb/s.

Where does one report this to?

Are they doing it on purpose to measure the audience reponse to greater
distortion?

Robert

  • Re: Radio 3 now distorted full stereo at 160 kb/s
    ... particularly distorted so I checked how they are broadcasting. ... seems to be 160 kb/s but using full stereo (not joint stereo) so it is ... settings after some kind of crash? ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: Radio 3 now distorted full stereo at 160 kb/s
    ... Robert wrote: ... particularly distorted so I checked how they are broadcasting. ... seems to be 160 kb/s but using full stereo (not joint stereo) so it is ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: Radio 3 now distorted full stereo at 160 kb/s
    ... particularly distorted so I checked how they are broadcasting. ... seems to be 160 kb/s but using full stereo (not joint stereo) so it is ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: Radio 3 now distorted full stereo at 160 kb/s
    ... It was truly terrible at 1930 on Craigkelly DTT so I had to listen to DAB - ... seems to be 160 kb/s but using full stereo (not joint stereo) so it is ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: Mid cut
    ... good sounding distortion, and yesterday I finally cracked it. ... particular amp - H&K SM Dual EL84? ... It does helps to cut highs sharply at around 2Khz or 4Khz, ...
    (alt.guitar)