Re: BBC Radio 3 DAB sound quality

PowerMax wrote:
Hang on, I got that wrong

What I meant to say was. I think the FM feed may be taken from the SKY
output.

Otherwise, why are they both in sync?

Classic FM delay their FM broadcast to be in sync with their DAB
output. I'm surprised this makes it "in sync" with satellite.

I don't believe they source their FM feed from the satellite broadcast
you receive at home.

Cheers,
David.

  • Re: BBC Radio 3 DAB sound quality
    ... PowerMax wrote: ... I think the FM feed may be taken from the SKY ... I *think* Classic FM's transmission on FM is delayed so that it is in sync - ... then - maybe it was actually a more suitable word to describe Classic FM's ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: BBC Radio 3 DAB sound quality
    ... Classic FM delay their FM broadcast to be in sync with their DAB ... But the DAB lag varies from receiver to receiver. ... I don't believe they source their FM feed from the satellite broadcast ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: What Does a Sync Actually Do?
    ... >example does it simply adjust the model of the sky, so that the star that is synced ... >the point where the scope is pointing. ... a sync just rotates the coordinates of the axes to bring them into ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: HD - is everyone out of sync?
    ... Audio was way off in last week's Sky Arts HD transmission of the Queen ... And it can be out of sync on Discovery HD too. ... the Queen concert in Montreal was on SkyArtsHD again this evening and the sync is so bad that it is unwatchable. ...
    (uk.media.tv.sky)
  • Re: HD - is everyone out of sync?
    ... Audio was way off in last week's Sky Arts HD transmission of the Queen ... And it can be out of sync on Discovery HD too. ... There's a sync adjustment option in the Sky Setup screen but it only ...
    (uk.media.tv.sky)