Re: MP3 or WMA. Which is better?
- From: "DAB sounds worse than FM" <dab.is@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 09:19:59 GMT
Richard Evans wrote:
Yes I've started using VBR.
I'd avoided using VBR for my car stereo because it sometimes seems to
get confused by it. Eg. playing a long track, it finished and went on
to the next track before actually reaching the end of the current
My new cheap MP3 player though seems to handle VBR with no problems.
For the moment I've tried it with the quality setting at 4 (medium
quality). That seems to average around about 170k, and sounds very
good. I could probably get away with going for a lower quality
setting, but will have to experiment a bit.
Download the latest version of Lame:
and read this about recommended Lame settings:
Try this as a start to average about 130 kbps:
-V 5 --vbr-new
I find this front-end to be good for MP3:
I'll probably encode a few CDs at a lower quality setting (a higher
number surprisingly) and then take it out for a walk to see if I
notice the difference.
I'd try those -V ... presets if I were you.
Steve - www.digitalradiotech.co.uk - Digital Radio News & Info
Find the cheapest Freeview & DAB prices:
- Prev by Date: Re: Am I getting paranoid or is the begining of the end?
- Next by Date: Re: Am I getting paranoid or is the begining of the end?
- Previous by thread: Re: MP3 or WMA. Which is better?
- Next by thread: Re: MP3 or WMA. Which is better?