Re: RRC-06 Maps

In article <1151336107.224100.294230@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Gopher <mikeandberniewinters@xxxxxxxxx> writes

DAB sounds worse than FM wrote:

R3 on DAB just doesn't sound very sharp or well defined, whereas FM is
pin-sharp. That might sound like "hi-fi speak", but you have to describe the
difference in sound somehow. And I don't think the difference is to do with
the audio processing either.

PIN sharp? Unlikely if there's a pirate breaking in on the side -which
is what I get on Radio 3 on 91.3 MHz in NW London at the weekends.

Yep well thats not the fault of the system is it?, thats just,

A demand for spectrum space for under supplied markets,

and

Lack of enforcement by Ofcom....

Then again, maybe you live out in the moors with a bit of twisted
copper wire strung between you and Holme Moss? Thankfully for those of
us who don't have the luxury of hooking up their headphones to a top
end tuner unit to hear those wonderful pauses in the live transmission
from the Metropolitan Opera,

use kitchen radios or car radios to hear
radio broadcasts, while getting on with something else at the same
time.

I wish I had the time to hook myself up to the HiFi to hear Radio 3!

Make time sometime;)

--
Tony Sayer

  • Re: Undecided
    ... interested to see the split in opinion on sound quality. ... I have a cheap DAB radio in the kitchen, and to be honest think the quality ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: How Good is Freeview Audio Quality
    ... >>> were trying to make it sound 'better' than FM so set about EQ'ing ... >> Was your DAB radio, ... There is little point in having a stereo *radio* since the ... On DAB it will pop and stutter in the same way as bad mobile phone reception, and you can't make out the programme at all. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: DAB sounds pretty good
    ... on Radio 3. ... provides a clarity and stereo effect not usually heard on my DAB ... significant improvement on some of the other stations whose sound ... quality is so bad it sounds like an LP played with a worn out stylus. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Isnt DAB great !
    ... Radio is supposed to be pleasurable to listen to. ... I find listening to DAB is more like a chore. ... broadcasted material in sound quality discussions), ...
    (alt.radio.digital)