Re: RRC-06 Maps

"DAB sounds worse than FM" <dab.is@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote :

Nicolas Croiset wrote:
Pierre PANTALÉON <000pipantal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote :

DAB sounds worse than FM a écrit :

Now list the region(s) in France that have 12 DAB channels (as you
claimed), and list which channels this/these region(s) can receive
so that I can check them using this software. The name of the
region must be the name listed in the RRC-06 database.

For DVB-T it's OK
But for TDAB, results don't correspond with nicolas talk ...

Lyon and Paris must have 6+1 Mux, but with this software, I find
only 4!

There is a problem !

Paris : ILE-DE-FRANCE + ILE-DE-FRANCE-REGIONAL = 4+2

24 radio stations at good audio quality. It's nowhere near enough. DAB
cannot be used.

192kbps is the current bitrate generaly used so : 36 radio stations if
all are in stereo, which is not the case some of them are in Mono.
You also have 3 blocks in L band (18 stations).

Total = 54 stations

Then near Paris you have OISE-REGIONAL and CHAMPAGNE-ARDENNES

Liverpool is near Manchester, but I don't want to receive any stations from
Liverpool thank you very much.

You don't want to receive regional programs ?

Oise is in the Ile de France region. Champagne Ardennes have also a part
in Ile de France.

Lyon : RHONE-ALPES-OUEST + AIN-REGIONAL + RHONE-SUD-REGIONAL = 4 + 3

28 radio stations at good audio quality. It's nowhere near enough. DAB
cannot be used.
192kbps is the current bitrate used so : 42 radio stations if all are in
stereo, which is not the case some of them are in Mono.

You also have 3 blocks in L band (18 stations).

total : 60 stations.
Nicolas Croiset VDL
http://www.vdl.fr/
.