Re: RRC-06 Maps

"DAB sounds worse than FM" <dab.is@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote :

Nicolas Croiset wrote:
Pierre PANTALÉON <000pipantal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote :

DAB sounds worse than FM a écrit :

Now list the region(s) in France that have 12 DAB channels (as you
claimed), and list which channels this/these region(s) can receive
so that I can check them using this software. The name of the
region must be the name listed in the RRC-06 database.

For DVB-T it's OK
But for TDAB, results don't correspond with nicolas talk ...

Lyon and Paris must have 6+1 Mux, but with this software, I find
only 4!

There is a problem !

Paris : ILE-DE-FRANCE + ILE-DE-FRANCE-REGIONAL = 4+2

24 radio stations at good audio quality. It's nowhere near enough. DAB
cannot be used.

192kbps is the current bitrate generaly used so : 36 radio stations if
all are in stereo, which is not the case some of them are in Mono.
You also have 3 blocks in L band (18 stations).

Total = 54 stations

Then near Paris you have OISE-REGIONAL and CHAMPAGNE-ARDENNES

Liverpool is near Manchester, but I don't want to receive any stations from
Liverpool thank you very much.

You don't want to receive regional programs ?

Oise is in the Ile de France region. Champagne Ardennes have also a part
in Ile de France.

Lyon : RHONE-ALPES-OUEST + AIN-REGIONAL + RHONE-SUD-REGIONAL = 4 + 3

28 radio stations at good audio quality. It's nowhere near enough. DAB
cannot be used.
192kbps is the current bitrate used so : 42 radio stations if all are in
stereo, which is not the case some of them are in Mono.

You also have 3 blocks in L band (18 stations).

total : 60 stations.
Nicolas Croiset VDL
http://www.vdl.fr/

  • Pirate radios hip-hop tunes finding way to pilots ears
    ... hip-hop from a pirate radio station. ... Florida Department of Law Enforcement spokeswoman. ... illegal radio stations. ... between nine and 20 illegal stations are playing in South ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.antenna)
  • Re: Pirate radios hip-hop tunes finding way to pilots ears
    ... Florida Department of Law Enforcement spokeswoman. ... It is believed to be the first such case worked by state agents in South ... illegal radio stations. ... toward ethnic groups -- not found on overcommercialized radio stations. ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.antenna)
  • Re: iBiquity HD Radio Status
    ... David Eduardo wrote: ... Hogwash, your claim to have actually *owned* radio stations, your claim ... I owned 12 operating stations, "bought" a ham license (there was no exam ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: iBiquity HD Radio Status
    ... David Eduardo wrote: ... Hogwash, your claim to have actually *owned* radio stations, your claim ... I owned 12 operating stations, "bought" a ham license (there was no exam ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: Radio Sucks
    ... What is wrong with Radio stations? ... Why do they play the same song ... >started playing guitar in 1963 I listen to bands like Big brother, ...
    (alt.guitar)