Re: It's crap this DAB innit?

In article <QkBeg.3728$Z7.954@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Richard Evans <R.P.Evans.NoSpam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nicolas Croiset wrote:
Richard Evans <R.P.Evans.NoSpam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote :

You can setup on the Blaupunkt the volume of Traffic announcement by
pressing the button MENU and choose the menu TA VOLUME by pressing upper
or lower button. then you can set the volume by the button < or > when
you finis, press button OK or button MENU twice.
Nicolas Croiset VDL
http://www.vdl.fr/

Good point. I'd forgotten about that.
Thanks for mentioning it, I'll have to check it out.

Although some sort of automatic level control would have been better.
Something to make the traffic broadcast come through at the same level
as whatever you were originally listening to.

Not easy to implement since different types of material require different
volume settings.

Richard E.

--
From KT24 - in drought-ridden Surrey

Using a RISC OS5 computer

  • Re: Its crap this DAB innit?
    ... I'm listening to a CD? ... Traffic information anyway even when I'm listening to MP3 stuff. ... traffic broadcast on some commercial station, ... pressing the button MENU and choose the menu TA VOLUME by pressing upper ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: Its crap this DAB innit?
    ... charles wrote: ... pressing the button MENU and choose the menu TA VOLUME by pressing upper ... Something to make the traffic broadcast come through at the same level as whatever you were originally listening to. ... When a traffic alert broadcast comes on, apply dynamic compression, to keep the level at that which was worked out in step 1. ...
    (alt.radio.digital)