Re: DAB sounds like decent AM

Mark Carver wrote:
Scott wrote:
On Mon, 08 May 2006 21:38:52 +0100, Chris Youlden

I remember Kenny Everett used to switch the stereo light on and off
during programmes on Capital telling listeners that he had magic
abilities over radio sets.

Yes, I remember just the same. He said at one point, "I can even
switch your fridge off", at which point my mother looked at me and
said, "surely not ?" :-)

One of this country's finest broadcasters, a terrible shame he's no
longer around.

Mark, could you let me know what your email address is, because I've got an
email that you might find interesting.

Find the cheapest Freeview & DAB prices:
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/freeview/freeview_receivers.php
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/dab/dab_radios.php

  • Re: Pips again
    ... Mark Carver wrote: ... but after my lads creep out to go and terrorise the local ... > community for another evening, I often need to go into their rooms and ... > switch off all the Las Vegas style energy consumption. ...
    (uk.tech.broadcast)
  • Recent changes
    ... My character found a magical dagger that turned out to be -1, ... switch things for auto-pickup and prompt before picking up - meaning I ... Tk offered you a useful summary of what resistances and abilities ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.angband)
  • Re: The phasing out of DAB
    ... slowly switch off DAB multiplexes starting with the places where it ... has least listeners. ... (or at least switched to DAB+, ... Maybe they should also ditch Band III if, ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • The Survivors (Atlantis)
    ... Did anybody ever get far in this Boulder Dash-type game, where you had to switch between three robots with different abilities to clear a path and rescue the trapped humans? ...
    (comp.sys.sinclair)
  • Re: BBC National network FM frequencies
    ... Mark Carver wrote: ... There was a fear that some listeners would have ... Using a RISC OS5 computer ...
    (uk.tech.broadcast)