Re: DAB sounds like decent AM

On Thu, 04 May 2006 16:20:51 GMT, "DAB sounds worse than FM"
<dab.is@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Scott wrote:

As I recall the sound was clear but lacked higher frequency sounds and
was a bit muffled and less distinct compared to FM. I think this
sums up DAB.

Indeed, it sums up the sound on DAB very well.

DAB sounds better than AM affected by interference!!!

Or: DAB sounds the same as AM?

Hang on - half of FM is actually AM (The L-R bit, that is). Now I'm
confused. Which does it sound like again?

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com

  • Re: Undecided
    ... interested to see the split in opinion on sound quality. ... I have a cheap DAB radio in the kitchen, and to be honest think the quality ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: OT - DAB
    ... problems that show up on FM as well as DAB or DTTV. ... Not the engineering design of DAB or the choice of codec. ... come to regard it as being the way the music should sound. ... stations as it is so gross. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: OT - DAB
    ... problems that show up on FM as well as DAB or DTTV. ... Not the engineering design of DAB or the choice of codec. ... I also ended up preferring the sound on R3 DAB or DTTV to FM as it ... I can listen to a lot of digital European stations ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: DAB IS EXCELLENT
    ... FM, they often used to have broadcasts from abroad, and I used to either end up wondering why all the music seemed to be in mono, or I used to wonder why the sound quality seemed so rough. ... I notice this every time that curiosity brings me to switch over to DAB, and then the dreadful sound quality drives me back to FM. ... compressed audio at low bit rates tend to become more apparent if you have been listening for a long time. ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: Could someone record R3 on satellite?
    ... opinion on here and done some more listening, ... Which Freeview receiver are you using and how do you connect it to your ... that Freeview sounds worse than DAB but I wouldn't want to listen to ... so I have a pretty good idea what it should sound like. ...
    (alt.radio.digital)