Re: Radio trailers for DAB

In message <7Ng3f.2394$F4.369@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"Frank" <fra@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Dariusz" <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > What exactly does "digital quality radio" [sic] actually mean? I hear it
> > on some stations trying to push DAB as something greater than FM.
> >
> > Dariusz
>
> It represents low quality audio in mono, like a MW radio or listening to the
> radio down a phone.

That rather depends on what you listen to. The DAB stations I listen
to are mainly in stereo and sound very much better than a telephone.
Perhaps you should tune around a bit.

> What does "sic" mean, abbreviations are great if
> everyone knows what they mean!

"Sic" is not an abbreviation. It is a Latin word meaning thus or so,
and is used to indicate that the source quoted is quoted accurately,
however improbable or mistaken that might seem. It's listed in English
dictionaries and should be familiar to anyone who's capable of
reading, say, what used to be called a broadsheet newspaper.

--
Richard L.

  • Re: IBOC Article
    ... the southern side of the market. ... stations part way into the market geography. ... do a couple of AMS as the IE ... competitive listening levels outside the home market. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: Try David Gleasons Colloidal Silver!!
    ... volts per meter is a measurement of the E field. ... I said most measured FM listening, ... This is not a matter of having contours mean that there are abosolutes, ... stations as measured in broad daylight. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: (OT)Re: Obamas Plan for Drivers Licenses for Illegal Aliens
    ... Check with Arizona State University. ... Residency was not a requirement for admission; ... Some stations I get on SW from other countries sound just like ... get essentially no listening outside their 10 mv/m contours. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: (OT)Re: Obamas Plan for Drivers Licenses for Illegal Aliens
    ... Check with Arizona State University. ... Residency was not a requirement for admission; ... Some stations I get on SW from other countries sound just like ... get essentially no listening outside their 10 mv/m contours. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Try David Gleasons Colloidal Silver!!
    ... volts per meter is a measurement of the E field. ... stations, we are talking about 10% theory and 90% practical aplication... ... I said most measured FM listening, ... This is not a matter of having contours mean that there are abosolutes, ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)