Re: mp2 + sbr

Nicolas Croiset wrote:
> "DAB sounds worse than FM" <dab.is@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote :
>

>> DAB is THE MOST static digital communications specification on the
>> planet. Nothing has changed since 1990!!!!! Think about the kind of
>> mobile phones that were available in 1990!!!!!
>>
>> Everything else has changed beyond recognition. DAB stays the same.
>>
>> Analogue mobile phones => GSM => GPRS => EDGE => 3G => HSDPA => 3.5G
>> => 4G
>>
>> DAB => no change.
>
> Telecom is not a reference !

How convenient.

> FM didn't change since 1936 except the stereo and RDS evolution and
> you like it !

FM is an analogue system, and it was probably the best design available
for analogue modulation, so it didn't need to be replaced. DAB, on the
other hand, is digital, and it is unforgivable and incompetent for it to
remain the same since 1990 given the fact that it hadn't taken off
anywhere.

Find the cheapest Freeview, DAB & MP3 Player Prices:
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/freeview_receivers.htm
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/dab_digital_radios.htm
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/mp3_players_1GB-5GB.htm
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/mp3_players_large_capacity.htm

  • Re: Radio digital switchover?
    ... says that 48 percent of households have dab. ... It would be a 'brave' politician who announced that anyone wanting to listen to radio services will have in the future to have some sort of broadband / mobile phone contract. ... I was reading a discussion elsewhere about mobile phones and resilience, some told how at the time of one of the bombs in London the mobile phones in his office stopped working because of the network being overloaded. ...
    (uk.tech.broadcast)
  • Re: A perfect example of the British
    ... >> You lot complain about how bad DAB is. ... >> If you don't like it, STOP LISTENING TO IT! ... I certainly hope that the mobile phone companies carry radio stations, ... their radio stations via DAB on mobile phones, ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: Radio digital switchover?
    ... What is the status of satellite radio at the present time. ... says that 48 percent of households have dab. ... I was reading a discussion elsewhere about mobile phones and resilience, ... in his office stopped working because of the network being overloaded. ...
    (uk.tech.broadcast)
  • Re: DAB IS EXCELLENT
    ... I can not see any reason why manufacturers could not fit better displays to DAB radios, if that was what was needed. ... Better displays seems to have worked in the world of mobile phones, but that is a bit different. ... It would probably not be actual CD quality, but at least it could provide sound quality good enough to listen to without the artefacts becoming irritating. ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: First 112kbps station audio sample!
    ... >> This DAB thing was already a joke, now it is beyond a joke. ... can we have proper radio now. ... turn it into visual radio. ... mobile phones which are so out of date you're supposed hide them in a brown ...
    (alt.radio.digital)