Re: French Digital Radio Consultation Responses

DAB sounds worse than FM <dab.is@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > It's only about 20%, according to the data published on
> > www.mediametrie.fr. Partly because their offer is less commercial
> > (they don't really have an equivalent of Radio 1 and 2, for
> > instance), and also because France is a more competitive market.

> Right. Are they the most listened to broadcaster? If not, do you know
> who is?

Yes, they're still the most listened to broadcaster, although by a small
margin. Other big national broadcasters are NRJ Group, RTL Group,
Lagardère and Skyrock. Those groups together with Radio France amount to
19 stations with a total audience share of 76% The rest is fragmented
between local stations and small national stations. The regulations
impose a limit of 150m potential listeners for each group, which has had
the effect of limiting further consolidation.

  • Re: French Digital Radio Consultation Responses
    ... and also because France is a more competitive market. ... Are they the most listened to broadcaster? ... > fragmented between local stations and small national stations. ... > regulations impose a limit of 150m potential listeners for each ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: Ibiquitys "Gag Order" on engineers
    ... There are not many cases where the digital signal invades what is an adjacent channel to the extent that protected contours of the adjacent channel are interferred with someplace between the two stations. ... Keeps me from listening to WLS which is one of my locals. ... The FCC's reasoning was that the US has so many stations now that listening in non-protected contour coverage areas, as real as it might be in the realm of possibility, did not deserve protection if the intent to transition radio to digital was to be fulfilled. ... Which gets back to the point....denying listeners their choice, in favor of some arbitrary coverage map. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: (OT)Re: Obamas Plan for Drivers Licenses for Illegal Aliens
    ... There was no entrance exam; a high school diploma (and a GED is a valid ... could not hear more stations. ... listeners don't listen in areas where the signal is not extremely strong. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: IBOC Article
    ... First, there are only a few stations that even get, consistently, outside ... The CKLW ratings were, for a while, good in Cleveland because the CHR ... they had their listeners. ... someone from out of *your* definition of the market. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: (OT)Re: Obamas Plan for Drivers Licenses for Illegal Aliens
    ... school and I got out of it what I put in. ... You are accepted on your record and an entrance exam. ... could not hear more stations. ... I was telling you that there is a difference between what you can hear and what normal listeners will make use of. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)