banana.mixmin.net invalid certificate

this web2news gateway was down for a while....

I tried again today, and Firefox gives me the warning

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect

securely to www.banana.mixmin.net, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely,

sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are

going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to

this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is

trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Technical Details

www.banana.mixmin.net uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.

  • Re: Cannot connect to koji
    ... Fedora Wiki: ... Even after telling Firefox to accept the locally-generated certificate, ... Secure Connection Failed ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Cannot connect to koji
    ... Fedora Wiki: ... Even after telling Firefox to accept the locally-generated certificate, ... Secure Connection Failed ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Ask EU - Norton AV 2006
    ... >connection, but that doesn't mean it's 100% safe. ... so you are protected against one possible attack route. ... >from a "certificate authority" as a means of getting your browser to ... >display the "secure site" padlock, but it's my understanding that it's ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Secure TN3270
    ... Point the PROFILE DD statement to the telnet parameter member ... We got a certificate from THAWTE. ... Subject: Secure TN3270 ... I need to set up a secure TN3270 connection on our z/OS 1.9 ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Using two client certificates for a SSL Webservice
    ... The article describes how to secure a webservice. ... Although I can supply more than one certificate using the ... I can establish a connection but I get ...