Re: Unknow file extension .m4v

piter wrote:
I came accross a podcast with a .m4v file estension...

Anyone can advice what that is and how do I listen to it?

Oh yes, I use Linux.
Question already answered, but if you come across unknown files again,
this is a useful site
http://www.fileinfo.net/

Andy

  • Re: Some personal linux observations
    ... > of experience and skill. ... so let me say at the outset that I have received useful advice ... helping Linux, or by scaring off potential punters ensuring that it will ... even if you knew the Linux equivalent command was something to ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Ask EU - recovering deleted text
    ... On 11/12/2011 21:48, Nick Odell wrote: ... my advice - and please don't run away before I've ... any computer problems. ... Linux is the answer to any problem or Macs are just better. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Which operating system for a Netbook?
    ... But since some people do read this in seek of advice, ... Linux is a better system, that can do more; ... operating system with applications?) ... Windows but some prejudices are unfounded or ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • seeking linux gateway/router/proxy/firewall advice
    ... wanted to run this by them for a sanity check / advice. ... i'd like to have a single linux box provide these services. ... use dhcp to get an ip addrs, hostname, and dns info from the DSL ISP. ... if i want to run a DHCP server on the internal network to ...
    (linux.redhat.install)
  • Re: Advice on moving to Linux
    ... I'd like some advice on moving to linux: best distros, ... Linux at home - well, at all, really. ... Samsung 250GB SATA disk ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)