Beware of "PowerPrivacy.com"

The powerprivacy.com person has been offering "advice" on Usenet. The
site is $800+ per year OR a $10 trial for ten days. They claim to have
been around long enough to say "subscribers have told us that...",
"Some articles have been removed because they weren't proving popular"
(or some such thing). Anyway, they registered the domain only 90 days
ago: December 14, 2005. They don't respond to emails. Their site TOS
demands that all information given to them be completely accurate, (no
aliases, etc.)....hello? Isn't the site supposed to be about anonymity
and privacy? Also, they claim to take other payment methods, but when
you sign up, it takes you to only PAYPAL where you *must* have a PayPal
account! Beware of the snake oil.

  • Re: My Sad Day
    ... Just a bit of advice I have to offer to you about Usenet... ... Offering up your personal life on Usenet can bring out some pretty harsh and cold judgments at times - probably best to head to chat with a few of your buddies from this group to discuss in a more private setting or via email. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: how sql injection is possible ?
    ... New to posting on usenet too I guess? ... You responded to macca's post, thus offering him advice, instead of ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Search engines cant see optimised site, but see non-optimised duplicate
    ... advice if you decide to continue posting on usenet. ... Dash-Dash-space-carriage return is the delimiter, ... mind, in SEO, what matters is results. ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: Im back with twenty hens
    ... >bit kinder with your advice. ... Tell everyone the Trolls don't bother you. ... Publicly post killfile rules so the Trolls know ... Become the laughing stock of Usenet like Mabbet ...
    (sci.agriculture.poultry)
  • Re: Please advise re "libel per se"
    ... I've posted to Usenet since about 2000 and am very familiar with it. ... I have to admit straight up that I create some trouble sometimes. ... publication that a third party can identify as applying to the ... you're asking for legal advice on misc.legal. ...
    (misc.legal)