Is the UK a Police State?

http://gizmonaut.net/bits/police_state.html

"The Police has new powers of arrest, which make all offences, no matter
how trivial, into arrestable offences (Section 110 of the Serious
Organised Crime and Police Act 2005, came into force on 2006-01-01)"

  • Re: Police make mass raid on pensioners enjoying a game of bowls
    ... Police use four squad cars and seven officers to ... evict group of protesting pensioners from bowls club ... The Mail also fails to report that the Police withdrew as soon as ... either trespass or playing bowls as being arrestable offences. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Police make mass raid on pensioners enjoying a game of bowls
    ... Police use four squad cars and seven officers to ... evict group of protesting pensioners from bowls club ... The Mail also fails to report that the Police withdrew as soon as ... I wonder what the charge would have been, as I am unaware of either trespass or playing bowls as being arrestable offences. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Mayday ignored
    ... the police chose to ignore them. ... So it is 'appropriate' for the police to ignore arrestable offences such as criminal damage - simply because the crimes are being committed by protesters? ... Do you expect protesters to be above the law Doug? ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Is the UK a Police State?
    ... > "The Police has new powers of arrest, which make all offences, no matter ... into arrestable offences (Section 110 of the Serious ...
    (alt.privacy)
  • Re: War on Short yellow lights.
    ... I bitched to the police and city council for years about ... The way to control speeding is to design the road for the speed ... feel a bit safer (or even less safe for that matter), ... rightful owner should I desire to do so. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)