Smelled of alcohol, tangled in old barbed wire fence, and coughing!!! Only in East Tennessee . . .
- From: Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names <PopUlist349@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 20:51:14 -0400
CHURCH HILL ? A man who allegedly burgled his ex-girlfriend?s home and
later threatened to kill her, her son and police, was discovered
hiding in a nearby woods after police heard him cough.
Around 12:15 a.m. Friday Church Hill Police Department officers Dustin
Dean and Chip Whitaker were dispatched to 502 Susan Court regarding a
residential burglary in progress.
Dispatchers advised the officers that the homeowner, Kathy Blair, was
not home but was receiving telephone calls on her cell phone from her
Blair identified the caller as an ex-boyfriend, Thomas Joseph Cordle,
49, 1608 Sevier Terrace, Kingsport, who was making threats to kill
both her and her adult son.
?Dean arrived first and immediately witnessed a male subject run from
the rear of the house through the front yard and into a wooded area
across the street,? CHPD Chief Mark Johnson said. ?Officers searched
the area but found no one. After a period of time, Blair returned to
her residence at 502 Susan Court.?
Johnson said CHPD Detective Kevin Grigsby and other officers made
contact with Blair and were able to listen to multiple voice messages
from Cordle to Blair wherein Cordle threatened to kill Blair, her son,
and police officers if they "got in the way."
?Officers again began a search of the wooded area where Cordle was
last seen,? Johnson said. ?This time, officers heard a two coughs
coming from the woods. Officers proceeded to the general location and
found Cordle laying on the ground trapped by a mass of old tangled up
Cordle was then taken into custody. Johnson said Cordle smelled of an
alcoholic beverage and appeared to be under the influence.
Cordle was charged with aggravated burglary, aggravated stalking, and
As of Saturday he remained held in the Hawkins County Jail without
-- end quote
- Prev by Date: It's all about Florida this week where local election officials -- Democrats and Republicans -- tell Gov. Rick Scott and his gang of thugs to*** off -- officials in every single Florida county refuse to purge people from voting rolls based on Scott's demands.
- Next by Date: Obama’s data advantage
- Previous by thread: It's all about Florida this week where local election officials -- Democrats and Republicans -- tell Gov. Rick Scott and his gang of thugs to*** off -- officials in every single Florida county refuse to purge people from voting rolls based on Scott's demands.
- Next by thread: Obama’s data advantage