> 30 Reasons to Vote for John McCain
- From: Patriot Games <Patriot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 08:02:58 -0500
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thirty Reasons to Vote for John McCain
by John Hawkins
1) John McCain doesn't believe we should raise taxes on anybody during
a recession. Obama does and that will prolong our economic woes.
2) John McCain has been endorsed by the NRA. Barack Obama once
supported a complete ban on the manufacture and ownership of handguns
3) John McCain co-sponsored a bill to fix Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
back in 2005. Had it passed, we wouldn't have had a bailout crisis.
Obama took in the 2nd largest amount of money from Fannie Mae/Freddie
Mac. In other words, McCain tried to fix the problem while Obama was
in the back pocket of the shady operators who cost the American people
over 700 billion dollars.
4) Barney Frank has promised a 25% cut in defense spending if Barack
Obama gets into office. John McCain would not support that policy.
5) Both Barack Obama and John McCain publicly pledged to take public
financing for their campaigns. McCain kept his word. Obama lied. If he
will lie to the American people about that, what else is he lying
6) Barack Obama has received hundreds of millions of dollars in
earmarks, including a million dollar earmark for his wife's hospital.
John McCain has never taken an earmark.
7) John McCain's health care plan will make health care more
affordable, cover more people, and will keep the market in control.
Barack Obama's plan for socialized medicine will put government
bureaucrats in charge, will lead to long wait times for operations and
lead to a poorer quality of health care. If you think health care is
expensive now, wait until you see how much it costs under Barack Obama
when it's "free."
8) Barack Obama says he doesn't want his daughters "punished" with a
baby and that abortion is "above my pay grade." Do you think a baby is
punishment? Do you think abortion is above Sarah Palin's pay grade?
9) Sarah Palin is a conservative reformer who has taken on oil
companies and her own party as a mayor and a governor. Joe Biden is a
career Washington insider with no executive experience who's most
famous for gaffes, making things up, and being on the wrong side of
almost every foreign policy issue from Vietnam to the surge.
10) Barack Obama spent twenty years going to an anti-white,
anti-American church run by Jeremiah Wright. He didn't go to that
church for so long because he disagreed with the message.
11) John McCain once fought for our country in Vietnam. Barack Obama
has never fought for anything but his own career.
12) John McCain has literally had to decide whether to go home from a
POW camp or stay and be tortured. He made the right decision. Barack
Obama's first tough decision will be made in the White House.
13) John McCain pals around with Joe Lieberman, Lindsey Graham, Sarah
Palin, and Phil Gramm. Barack Obama has "pal'd" around with Bill
Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, Michael Pfleger, Frank Davis, and Tony Rezko.
What does that say about each man's character?
14) John McCain always holds his hand over his heart for the national
anthem and has never refused to wear a flag pin after calling it a
"substitute for, I think, true patriotism." Do we really want to have
the first President in our history who doesn't love his country?
15) For good or ill, John McCain is a moderate, but Barack Obama was
the most liberal senator in America in 2007. Do you trust someone that
liberal to run the country?
16) When there's an international crisis at 3 A.M. and the phone
rings, you can't vote "present."
17) This is what Barack Obama thinks of Americans who live in small
And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or
religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant
sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their
How can someone, who thinks so little of people who don't live in big
cities, truly represent all Americans in the White House?
18) Do you really want to spend the next four years listening to
Barack Obama's supporters cry "racism" every time somebody criticizes
or disagrees with him?
19) The mainstream media has been more biased than at any time in our
lifetimes for Obama and they've launched an absolutely unprecedented
smear campaign against Sarah Palin -- and worse yet, Sarah Palin's
family. Do you want to reward and encourage more of that kind of
behavior in the future by putting Barack Obama in the White House?
20) Barack Obama is a socialist who wants to "spread the wealth
around." John McCain wants to spread the opportunity around instead of
making people dependent on government.
21) John McCain has promised no more bailouts. Barack Obama has not.
22) John McCain favors judges who will stick to the Constitution.
Barack Obama says he wants judges with "empathy." Would you want an
umpire of a baseball game who sticks to the rules or one who has
23) McCain has promised to balance the budget in four years and
whether he makes it or not, he will undoubtedly cut spending. Obama
will run trillion dollar deficits. You do the math.
24) We have the 2nd highest corporate tax rate in the world and it is
driving our companies overseas. John McCain wants to cut the tax to
keep businesses in the U.S. and create jobs. Barack Obama does not.
25) Barack Obama will sign the Union Card Check Bill that will end the
right to secret ballots for union members, thereby crippling more
American industries via unionization. The unions are destroying the
Big 3 automakers and the airline industry -- and under Obama, they'll
be a further drag on the American economy. Furthermore, since when do
we give up the right to have a secret ballot in America? John McCain
opposes the Union Card Check Bill.
26) Barack Obama will sign the Fairness Doctrine into law, which is
solely designed to drive conservative radio hosts off the air. When
did we start trying to win political contests in this country by
preventing our political opponents from being heard? John McCain
opposes the Fairness Doctrine.
27) Barack Obama wants to force gay marriage on the whole country via
the court system, which is why he favors overturning the Defense of
Marriage Act. John McCain thinks marriage should be between a man and
a woman, which is why he supports leaving DOMA in place.
28) John McCain favored the surge. Barack Obama did not. So, if Barack
Obama had been President over the last four years, we would have
already lost the war in Iraq.
29) Barack Obama wants to leave Iraq in 16 months, whether we win or
not. John McCain doesn't want to risk seeing the victory our troops
have bled and died for thrown away for politics' sake.
30) It would literally be dangerous to the future of our country to
have a large Democratic majority in the House, a large majority in the
Senate, and Obama in the White House.
- Prev by Date: McCain Ad Featuring Jeb Bush (in Spanish)
- Next by Date: Thirty Reasons to Vote for John McCain
- Previous by thread: McCain Ad Featuring Jeb Bush (in Spanish)
- Next by thread: Thirty Reasons to Vote for John McCain