Blue State Maniac - Man Charged With Hacking Wife to Death with Machete
- From: "Patriot Games" <Patriot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 08:29:45 -0500
Man Charged With Hacking Wife to Death with Machete
Friday, January 25, 2008
MANORVILLE, N.Y. - A suburban father is accused of hacking his wife to death with a machete after an argument over his refusal to take his medication, police said.
The couple's 17-year-old girl discovered the blood-covered body of Myong-Ok Delenzik, 46, when she went to awaken her mother for a ride to school Thursday.
Thomas Delenzik, 42, was arrested later that morning in the driveway of his home after being confronted by police.
Delenzik pleaded not guilty Friday to second-degree murder and was held without bail. Police said Delenzik, who is unemployed, and his wife had been arguing over his refusal to take his medication; the type of medication was not disclosed.
Delenzik's court-appointed attorney did not immediately return a telephone call for comment. He is due back in court next week.
Prosecutor James Chalifoux said Delenzik told authorities he showered after the killing and began driving to an undisclosed location in New Jersey, intending to dispose of the machete.
At some point, Delenzik had second thoughts and turned back and headed home to Manorville on eastern Long Island, about 75 miles east of Manhattan, authorities said. En route, Chalifoux said, Delenzik threw the machete into a pond, where it was recovered by police.
Delenzik, who is unemployed, was arrested in the driveway of his home after being confronted by police.
In addition to the 17-year-old, her 12-year-old brother was home at the time. The two are now being cared for by relatives.
- Prev by Date: Giant Shit-Eating Booger (No, Not a Democrat) Attacks Maine Town! Maybe From UFOs?
- Next by Date: Blue State Crime - Mom, Son Deaths in Wash. Deemed Murder
- Previous by thread: Giant Shit-Eating Booger (No, Not a Democrat) Attacks Maine Town! Maybe From UFOs?
- Next by thread: Blue State Crime - Mom, Son Deaths in Wash. Deemed Murder